Re: [Monotone-devel] Hmm, two finds (monotone-viz)?????

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Hmm, two finds (monotone-viz)?????
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:05:04 +0100

 Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker [Monday 7 November 2005] :

 > Hey,
 >
 > I noticed the new monotone-viz version and decided to check it out.
 > I noticed a Find button I had never discovered before!

Damn, I need to better advertise my work on m-viz, this button has
been here for more than 2 months.

 > Now, I find it quite confusing to have a Find button and a Find
 > field all at once, and can't quite feel sure I understand the
 > difference between the two.

In the Find field you can specify the prefix of a revision id, a tag
or a date. (If you have a prefix of an id selected with the mouse you
can also middle-click anywhere on the canvas for the same effect).

The Find button on the toolbar and in the menu brings up a dialog that
lets you select ids based on two criteria: an arbitary monotone
selector and a filename (a glob actually) that must have been patched,
added or removed in the revision. The id, author and date of the
revisions that matched are then displayed in a listview.
Double-clicking on a row will select the node in the canvas.

--
   Olivier