[Monotone-devel] Line endings produced by internal 3-way merge

From: Joe Hull
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Line endings produced by internal 3-way merge
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:13:56 -0800

I believe I’m observing that when monotone successfully completes an internal three-way merge the resulting merged file always uses a LF as its line ending no matter what the line ending convention of the host system or the line endings of the three source files for the three-way merge.

If I’m reading the code right, try_to_merge_files calls the overload of join_lines which always supplies “\n” as the line ending.

Is this the expected/desired behavior? Could we have a hook to customize it? If all three input files use CRLF as the line ending convention, could one infer that CRLF should be used in the output file?

Thanks,

Joe