[Monotone-devel] Wrong branch certificate after update

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Wrong branch certificate after update
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:37:23 +0100

I think this is a bug.

Starting situation:

- Checked out version which is up to date
- The checked out revision has two branch certifiates:
  BranchA
  BranchB
- The checked out version is the single head of both branches,
  BranchA and BranchB
- The checked out version is BranchA, that is,
  the MT/options file contains the line branch "branchA"

No do the following

monotone --branch=BranchB update

When you do this, monotone discovers that the checked out
version is already up to date for BranchB, however,
it does NOT update the MT/options file to reflect the fact
that I wanted to change to BranchB.

This is annoying because I expect that after

monotone --branch=BranchB update

my working copy is in BranchB and I will now unintentionally
commit in the wrong branch.

Wim Oudshoorn.