[Monotone-devel] Re: 0.26pre2's configure: problems on cygwin

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: 0.26pre2's configure: problems on cygwin
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:19:19 +0000 (UTC)

Lapo Luchini <lapo <at> lapo.it> writes:

> The real "problem" seem to be that between 0.26pre1 and 0.26pre2 something
> happened that changed configure: it now tries to compile
> win32/read_password.cc instead of unix/read_password.cc and, in doing so,
> it exits with lots of errors (I guess win32/ directory contains VC-only
> things? or mingw-only things? anyway, with cygwin's gcc, it is no good).

Thanks for the report.  I ran into this recently too, but hadn't had a
chance to commit a fix yet.  A bunch of AC_TRY_RUNs were converted to
AC_TRY_COMPILEs as part of a general configure.ac cleanup a while back.
That broke a couple of tests under Windows, and when I fixed those tests I
inadvertantly left out the '#ifdef WIN32' bits in the fixed version.

I've committed a fix in f7c4c06035dabfef477c0dce2a5b4e7e33629f90 to
mainline.

Cheers,
-mjg
--