[Monotone-devel] Zeroconf with monotone

From: Ali Sabil
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Zeroconf with monotone
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:08:09 +0200

Hi all,

I just thought that it would be nice to have monotone zeroconf enabled, this would actually enables users to have monotone work across LANs without much trouble (except when on different subnets, but that's another problem ...)

For example if i decide to serve it will check if avahi is running and register with it as a service, it will then advertise available branches, and enable users to sync easily with it.

As a client, if i decide to sync, it should give me a list of available servers if i call monotone sync without a given host (or with the --discover switch).

I hope this would give you some ideas.
Thank you for giving us such a great VCS.

--
Ali Sabil