Re: [Monotone-devel] merge_into_workspace, invariant 'I(!next.empty())'

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] merge_into_workspace, invariant 'I(!next.empty())' violated
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 12:19:00 -0800

On 3/4/07, Georg-W. Koltermann <address@hidden> wrote:
> The current merge_into_workspace implementation only supports merges that
> have no conflicts--the non-content conflict resolution code and UI hasn't
> been built yet.  It will allow content conflict resolution using the
> existing immediate resolution interface (like 'merge' does) prior to writing
> out the new two parent workspace, so if there are content conflicts, it will
> run your content merger, and leave you with a two parent workspace that
> represents a clean merge.
Concerning conflict resolution I am not quite with you.  I think in
other cases merge_into_workspace did try interactive conflict
resolution, popping up kdiff3.

That's what he means when he says "will allow *content* conflict
resolution with the existing immediate resolution interface."  You've
tripped over a *name* conflict here, which monotone presently has no
way to merge at all.

zw