Re: [Monotone-devel] monomercurial sync

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monomercurial sync
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:29:25 +0200

Lapo Luchini schrieb:
Or is anyone aware of an existing such project?
I've been working on a c++ parser of hg's revlog format. I think I understand most of the format now, but some parts are missing: It needs an implementation of hg's delta algorithm and some more magic to link the manifest table with the file data files and general handling of all that. A hg checkout keeps lots of files in revlog format, maybe a bundle is easier to manage, but I didn't look at those yet.

With those additions, it should be quite easy to fetch the manifest tables, their changelogs (including data that would end up in author and date certs) and all full versions of changed/added files. From there, the monotone data could be synthesized. I haven't thought much about the other direction, but there are some issues with the flexibility in how monotone stores metadata (we can extend the metadata of committed revisions using certs, hg doesn't seem to be capable of such manipulations)

I don't have the time to work on this until late summer, but I could post the (not cleaned up) parser bits that I have somewhere.

Patrick Georgi