Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:48:19 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
I don't see how to specify 'path-/depth-restricted output'; 'mtn help
automate inventory' does not show any inventory-specific options, and
I don't see any in the code either. But I could easily be missing
something.

This only works with the inventory command found in nvm.basic_io.inventory, about which this whole thread is. Sorry, this was kind of implicit.. =)

I don't see many commands that take a fileid; the commands most
interesting from an Emacs interface point of view just need the file
path. So perhaps fileid output should be requested via an option, to
save parsing time in the typical case.

Hrm... changing the output format by option is not that a good idea IMHO. We should have one single format and stick with it. So, the possible options here are: a) include the fileids or b) do not include the fileids.

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz