Re: [Monotone-devel] patch for umask on MinGW

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] patch for umask on MinGW
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:07:57 -0400

"Zack Weinberg" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/28/07, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Here is a possible fix for umask in key_store.cc on MinGW:
>
> I don't mean to rain on your parade,

No problem; I was just trying to get things to compile, and getting
back into writing C++.

> but I really don't think key_store.cc should have to know that
> "umask" is the relevant concept, especially since the way to do this
> on Windows is so very different. If we have a
> write_data_userprivate(), we can use 3-argument open() on Unix, and
> we can [theoretically - I stared at MSDN for some time this
> afternoon without being able to figure out how] do the appropriate
> dance on Windows too.

That is a much better solution.

> I actually coded this up quite some time ago but forgot to finish
> debugging it. I've pushed it now. It works on Unix; I hope the
> Windows code works too, but I don't actually have the ability to
> test it - even to compile it.

Actually, you can trigger the buildbot:
http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/BuildBot

I've checked it out, and it does compile. I don't think I'll bother
"staring at MSDN" to make it actually work.

I ran 'make check', and everything passed or failed as expected.

--
-- Stephe