Re: [Monotone-devel] No read-only automate cert (aka no mtn2cl)

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No read-only automate cert (aka no mtn2cl)
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 10:54:17 +0200

Koen Kooi schrieb:
I'm trying to make a ChangeLog or NEWS style overview[1] of the changes in my
repo, but I
can't find an easy way (trivially parseable by shell scripts) to get the first
line(s) of
a commit message.

The gist of the problem:

'automate cert REVISION-ID NAME VALUE' should be 'automate cert REVISION-ID
NAME [VALUE]'

Can the above be implemented, or do you have another way to get commit messages?

Hrm... I'm not sure what your actually problem is - whats wrong with

 $ mtn automate certs REVID

?

And if you don't like to parse basic_io, you could still use something like

 $ mtn ls certs REV | grep -A 1 changelog | grep -v changelog | \
        gawk -F: '{ print $2 }'

to retrieve the first line of a changelog entry.

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz