[Monotone-devel] Size Limits?

From: Ulf Ochsenfahrt
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Size Limits?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:20:11 +0200

Hi all,

I get a weird error message when using monotone on my super-mega-giga sized project:

mtn: error: error accessing file /home/ulfjack/.monotone/heavymetal.db: Value too large for defined data type

I get this error message whenever I try to access the database in any way whatsoever, even ls branches gives this message. The database is 3428245504 bytes, or 3.2 Gigabytes in size, the last successfull commit was about 1.4 Gigabytes.

I am currently using:
monotone 0.31 (base revision: 1bd1fe1e811dce82bee09b9f0effca3225bd1cee)

Any ideas as to what may have caused this, and how to recover the db?

(I have just downloaded and installed 0.35, and it too cannot access the db.)

Cheers,

-- Ulf