Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nuskool & certs created after a revision

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nuskool & certs created after a revision
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:39:19 +1000

On 02/05/2008, at 6:14 PM, Lapo Luchini wrote:

Of course one approach that works for sure is gsync-over-branches (and sending all of the certs with them as well) and then a merkle- refinement just to catch up with those few certs that are created later. I think that such a merkle-refinement would be very fast, as only differences in certificates created on the edge of previous gsync on the frontier nodes could really be different, so very little differences in average.

I think this is a 'neat' solution. The problem is that you have to keep merkle trie code. If you go with Graydon's solution then you can ditch that code. That is a maintainability win.

Cheers,

Will         :-}