Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; first success

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving name conflicts; first success
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:17:57 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
I have pushed 8e31c7bd779710254b1d0425c0e35bc98598d813 in
nvm.automate_show_conflicts that handles sutured files in rosters and
changesets. There is still much work to do, but this passes the
simplest merge test case; see tests/resolve_duplicate_names_conflict.
So I'm feeling happy :).

Cool!

That format number is also in _MTN/revision; it seems like that might
cause problems when upgrading monotone with an existing workspace. It
would be nice if the flag day only involved upgrading mtn, not also
rechecking out all workspaces. I'll try that. The format of the
_MTN/revision file has not changed, nor any of the other _MTN files.

On the other hand, there's a _MTN/format file, with a "2" in it; I
haven't looked for the code that generates that yet.

AFAIR there is a migrate_workspace command which handles workspace upgrades, so all the needed machinery should already be in place ;)

Thomas.