[Monotone-devel] adding note_netsync_revision_sent

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] adding note_netsync_revision_sent
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 05:26:46 -0400

I'm using examples/display_branches.lua, and I find it very useful.

It would be even better if it would display a count of sent revisions
by branch.

So I'd like to add a new Lua hook note_netsync_revision_sent.

Looking thru netsync.cc, the point where a revision is queued to be
sent is in session::note_rev. We could call the new hook there.

However, the current hook note_netsync_revision_received is not called
at the point when the revision is received, but later in
session::~session. I assume there is some rationale for that; not
tying up the server longer than necessary? Or maybe calling Lua hooks
must/should be done outside a db transaction guard? I'd like to
document that rationale.

I think I should add an object 'vector<revision_id> received_revisions'
to session, add revisions to that in session::note_rev, and call the
Lua hook note_netsync_revision_sent in session::~session.

Comments?

--
-- Stephe