[Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: FreeBSD's requirements for its future VCS
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 12:43:59 +0200

Lapo Luchini wrote:
http://wikitest.freebsd.org/VersionControl

This page (and the linked ones) details the features that FreeBSD
requires (or would like to have) in its chosen successor of CVS.

In the end they seem to have chosen SVN, as I noticed this morning on the CIA rss feed:
https://cia.vc/stats/project/FreeBSD/.message/75b8dc4

With all the lots of custom scripts they use and the fact than SVN is the most close to CVS, that's probably the "easiest" choice, and can be a intermediate step to maybe use a distributed VCS in the future.
Except SVN itself has got its own set of repository quirks, of course…

All at once, I'm more interested in having a nice svn2mtn converter ;-)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” (Donald Knuth, 1977-03-22)