Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:05:05 +1000

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 02:22:11PM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Here is my list of pages which probably should be mangled / deleted (all
> from the -auto list of pages):

great list, thanks - i've added this as [[wiki/wiki-cleanup-list]]
and hope to start reducing it.

I was hoping there'd be more activity while I was away, but nevermind -
hopefully
the best way to promote more activity is to make some myself :)

> a) it might be useful to further group stuff under Ideas/ if we really
> want to move all the above mentioned things in there
>
> b) a better grouping eases the navigation in the wiki's contents a lot
> _and_ should help us also to create a much better frontpage for first
> time users

I actually would like to eventually get rid of the "wiki front
page" entirely, and have the whole site be more integrated from
the real homepage.  That will take some work, and will probably
involve several other category front pages (like Ideas/) etc too,
many of which can hopefully be autogenerated..

> c) with all this wiki-niceness when it comes to feature requests, we may
> have forgotten those which still reside in savannah - I have the feeling
> that we should use this a bit more anyways - or choose a different
> system which incorporates better with the other things we use. One
> simple thing to start on would be f.e. to move over feature requests
> from savannah to the wiki and disallow the "feature" ticket type there

Sounds good. I don't like savannah at all, and maybe one day we
can also move all that into the wiki (in the way ikiwiki itself
does) or some other better tool if that's not enough - but for the
moment I want to get the wiki qua wiki over the 80/20 line first
before getting more ambitious.  I agree that wishlist type ones
would be a good place to start, and welcome volunteers to tackle
that in  parallel :)

--
Dan.