Re: [Monotone-devel] weird monotone behavior

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] weird monotone behavior
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:46:16 -0600

Thanks for the fast answer, I should have spotted this myself.

As you say it would be good if monotone handles this error condition
in a more graceful way, it still makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Likely that manual editing is the root cause of the problem.

Thanks for the answer.

Hugo

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 20:22 -0600, Hugo Cornelis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using monotone 0.40 statically linked, downloaded from the
>> monotone website on a redhat enterprise server 5.  I encountered the
>> following problem:
>>
>> I have a project that uses a database ~/neurospaces_project/MTN/installer.mtn
>>
>> I pulled an external database of the same project to
>> ~/neurospaces_project/MTN/neurospaces-developer.mtn
>>
>> Changed the options files in a workspace, then did the things below.
>> In a summary, after changing the option file, asking for a log
>> overwrites the options file and makes it invalid.  Changing back to
>> the original database did not help.
>>
>> Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but monotone making the
>> options file invalid makes me feel uncomfortable :(
>>
>> [19:46] (0,2) 0 $ cat _MTN/options
>> database "/local_home/hugo/neurospaces_project/MTN/neurospaces-developer.mtn
>>   branch "0"
>
> There's no closing '"' on the database line, so really the options file
> is already invalid. It *should* give an error when trying to parse
> _MTN/options (and then not overwrite it), and in fact it *does* give an
> error if I try the same thing with
>  branch "x"
> instead of
>  branch "0"
> . So apparently the basic_io parser can fail to detect certain error
> conditions...
>

> --
> Timothy
>
> Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net

Hugo

--

                    Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

              Neurospaces Project Architect
                http://www.neurospaces.org/

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152