Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone hosting?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone hosting?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:38:48 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:55:31 +0100, Lapo Luchini
<address@hidden> said:

lapo> Richard Levitte wrote:
lapo> > Hello,
lapo> >
lapo> > I'm having a serious look into hosting monotone projects, [...]
lapo> > I kind of thought that there was something based on the usher code
lapo>
lapo> Yes, there's the experimental http://mtn-host.prjek.net/ which,
lapo> among other projects, is hosting a fairly updated backup-repo of
lapo> nvm.* branches, which was suggested on IRC during the time your
lapo> server was unreachable =)

And now I see that it was mentioned on the wiki...

I think we might want to consider giving hosting services a more
prominent place, though, as that's often a good entry point for new
projects these days.

Althoug, I must say that the very experimental stamp on mtn-host might
not make it very attractive to some...

(FYI, I've customers who, as their first question, ask me about
hosting services like Google Code...  I'd like to have them use
monotone if possible, and this has been my major culprit so far)

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/