Re: [Monotone-devel] question about multiple syncs (enhancement request?

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question about multiple syncs (enhancement request?)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:18:32 -0700

I am running into a similar problem to what Hugo writes below. For me the
ideal solution would be a monotone switch that said "sync only branches
that exist at both ends. Is there a way to do this with a lua script
perhaps?

To illustrate:

work pc               laptop                   home pc
a.b.work              a.b.work
                            c.d.home              c.d.home

I usually run the server on the laptop and I don't want a.b.work to end up
on the home pc and I don't want c.d.home to end up on the work pc. There
are plenty of ways to work around this, I manage just fine with some
patterns but I have to pay attention and not mess it up. Also, if I do mess
it up it is a hassle to clean up.

A switch to monotone sync that allows the syncing of *only* branches that
exist at both ends would make this much easier and safer.