Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANN] monotone 0.43 released

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANN] monotone 0.43 released
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:31:56 +0000

2009/3/26 Thomas Keller <address@hidden>:
> Nuno Lucas schrieb:
>> 2009/3/25 Thomas Keller <address@hidden>:
>>> Can you please post tester_dir/tests.log somewhere or alternatively the
>>> individual test log file(s)?
>>
>> gziped tester_dir/tests.log (2.3MB) available at:
>> http://etpos.eu/~ntl/tests.log.gz
>
> Thanks for that - this should be helpful. Apparently fast-import crashes
> when it finds "garbage" after a path stanza:
>
> fatal: Garbage after path in: D "file2"
> fast-import: dumping crash report to .git/fast_import_crash_26914
>
> (the complete extracted stanza: http://pastebin.ca/1373469)
>
> Another dubious problem is this:
>
> fatal: Missing space after source: R "file1" "file1.tmp.break-rename-loop"
> fast-import: dumping crash report to .git/fast_import_crash_26953
>
> (again, the complete stanza: http://pastebin.ca/1373472)
>
> I guess Derek can elaborate a bit more on these specific problems, but I
> tend to think that this is actually a git problem (the version you're
> using is more than a year old and git's developing very very fast). If
> you have the referenced crash files also still available, it would be
> great if you could post them as well.

Don't have access to the machine right now. Will do tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have run a "make check" on my home pc with a beta
release of Ubuntu 9.04 and all test suites passed, so it's probably
the git version (9.04 has git v1.6.0.4).

> The database_dump_load test is broken since some time on a couple of
> platforms - the failure (also in this case) is "String or BLOB exceeded
> size limit". I'll try to investigate on this further. What version of
> sqlite are you using?

Don't have access to the machine right now, but Hardy (8.04 LTS) has
version 3.4.2-2 of libsqlite3-0 [1].
I believe I didn't install any customized version, but can't be sure
right now (I usually use the sqlite amalgamation source embedded on my
applications that use it, so no need to, but I have a leaky memory).

In this PC, with 9.04 beta, it's 3.6.10-1 [2], so it seems this fixes
the problem (although it's a case that probably needs to be solved, as
8.04 it's a LTS release and many will use it until the end of 2010).

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libsqlite3-0
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/libsqlite3-0