[Monotone-devel] Re: issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: issues when linking to a threaded sqlite library (?)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:32:50 +0200

Tero Koskinen wrote:
>> A FreeBSD user opened a bug telling it dumps for him and that -pthread
>> should be used while compiling monotone, but I can't reproduce the
>> problem and I'm not convinced that's needed in monotone's case.
>
> On OpenBSD, Botan brings the -pthread dependency to Monotone.
> It might be a similar issue on FreeBSD.

But if pthreads are needed also for dynamic linking and not only for
static linking, why does pkg-config show -lpthread as needed for sqlite
only when --static is needed?
Maybe (just maybe) it ought to be in the Libs line as opposed to the
Libs.private line.

I opened a bug on SQLite about it (though I'm not sure about it yet):
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=3943

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“ECC curves are divided into three groups, weak curves, inefficient
curves, and curves patented by Certicom” (Peter Gutmann, 2001-08-10)