Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving workspace conflicts

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] resolving workspace conflicts
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 22:49:08 +0200

Stephen Leake schrieb:
>> I think someone started a branch to work on this recently, but I can't
>> find the branch or the mailing list thread.
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> I found the branch; it's nvm.remove_leftover_files; the new test is
> tests/move_conflicting_unversioned.
>
> It passes, as does the rest of the test suite. I think it needs more
> test cases; a conflicting directory, in particular.
>
> Any info on the status of this branch?

I did that long ago and afair there were two complaints:

a) (what you already address) do this only when explicitely wanted via a
special option
b) robust / better naming of the conflicting directory, f.e. whatever
the base directory is called + the name of the revision one is updating
to, i.e. _MTN/leftover_files/abc123.../

If you like to pick up / rewrite it, sure, go ahead. Unfortunately I'm
not having much time for side projects or monotone in particular recently.

Thomas.