Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: bash completion

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: bash completion
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:43:26 +0100

Am 18.11.2010 11:14, schrieb Richard Levitte:
> Heh, thanks :-)
>
> I've been thinking along the same line of thoughts, and will probably
> do something like that within a few days.
>
> BTW, it almost sounds like you'd like it to become a part of the
> regular distribution rather than a contrib thingy...

Yes, because I think we have lots of useful things hidden in contrib/
people don't really know of and some of these things are so useful that
we should even try to install them by default if detected.

This also pushes us to constantly improve these things (compatibility
and functionality-wise) and not overgo / ignore them because "hey,
they're just in contrib". Of course we cannot support every little lua
hook script use case, but the most important ones (mail notification is
one for example) should really just be dropped somewhere and work out of
the box. (Debian's monotone-server package would probably benefit from
that.)

Thomas.