Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] net.venge.monotone.sou

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] net.venge.monotone.source-tree-cleanup: d54c8c17eeebbe7dd6bb30d4d10996db79de24f2
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 01:04:58 -0500

Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:

> Richard Levitte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 02 Feb 2011 02:35:38 -0500, Stephen
>> Leake <address@hidden> said:
>>
>> stephen_leake> We could remove 'distcheck' from the list of required targets.
>>
>> For who is 'make distcheck' a required target?
>
> Tim mentioned it, and it seems like a reasonable test of the
> distribution process on Unix, where it used to work. It's a standard
> autotools target, so making it work means we are more compatible with
> the Gnu autotools process.

Most importantly, it verifies that the .tar.gz we post on our website
(which is built with 'make dist') can run 'make all monotone.dvi check
install installcheck uninstall', all of which some user will want to do.

step 9 in release-checklist requires running 'make distcheck', as
part of building the .tar.gz source package.

'make distcheck' just found that 'tester-plaf.hh' was left out of the
.tar.gz; I fixed Makefile.am test_bin_tester_SOURCES

'make distcheck' now passes.

All the 'required targets' now pass on Debian and MinGW.

So I think this is ready to promote to main.

--
-- Stephe