Re: [Monotone-devel] git import

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] git import
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:20:44 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:49:55 +0200, Jerome Baum
<address@hidden> said:

jerome> Hey again,
jerome>
jerome> so it's been really busy for me, and I haven't really found the time
jerome> to get this working -- in part because I'm having a hard time w/ the
jerome> API (is there an intro doc or overview somewhere?).
jerome>
jerome> Anyway, the current state including my notes is at
jerome> <http://j.edv.im/mtn/mtn.mtn>, in case anyone wants to look at that
jerome> and continue with it. While at it, is there some preferred way to
jerome> publish a set of patches besides sending in a patch series (and, of
jerome> course, besides putting a 180+ MB database online somewhere :) ?

The absolutely best way is, of course, if you have pulled the monotone
repo and created yourself a branch that you do the work in and then
push back (that requires that you register on code.monotone.ca, upload
your public mtn key and get write access, which can be done quite
simply).

After that, a set of patches is fine, I can help you commit them if
you want.  Have the set of patches as attachment, please (I suppose
you would do so, but I've seen people doing something else).

Or, well, there's of course what you do right now, putting your db on
the net.  I've never tried that on before, so I can't really say much
about how feasible that is.  Willing to try, though ;-)

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/