[Monotone-devel] boost 1.53 breaks monotone build

From: Richard Hopkins
Subject: [Monotone-devel] boost 1.53 breaks monotone build
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:58:32 +0000 (GMT)

Current nvm head, and it seems monotone 1.0 too, fail to build with
boost 1.53.  Several instances can be found by searching the web
e.g. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.openbsd.ports/60562

> monotone fails with:
> keys.cc:47: error: 'boost::shared_dynamic_cast' has not been declared
> keys.cc: In function 'boost::shared_ptr<Botan::RSA_PrivateKey>
> get_private_key(lua_hooks&, const rsa_keypair_id&, const
> base64<rsa_priv_key>&, bool)':
> keys.cc:266: error: 'shared_dynamic_cast' was not declared in this
> scope

It also seems there a patch to fix it, but how (if we need to)
should we keep compatibility with older boost?

http://alt.linux.kiev.ua/ru/srpm/Sisyphus/monotone/patches/0

Richard