Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca is down

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca is down
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 22:15:56 +0000

It seems to me that the DNS is veeeeeery slow to respond (and that's the reason for the first request after "cache time" to fail) but eventually the answer arrives and the next one (and any pings) arrive correctly.

I don't seem to have problems on my other websites (on the same host) so that should be ok on that side.

I did a new recursive DNS test and this time the result is:

18.7% Answered from ns2.zonomi.com (139.162.211.108)
6.2% Query timed out at ns3.zonomi.com (128.199.213.165)
6.2% Query timed out at ns2.zonomi.com (139.162.211.108)
6.2% Query timed out at ns2.zonomi.com (139.162.211.108)
6.2% Query timed out at ns4.zonomi.com (45.79.211.52)
6.2% Query timed out at ns4.zonomi.com (45.79.211.52)
6.2% Query timed out at ns4.zonomi.com (45.79.211.52)
6.2% Query timed out at ns4.zonomi.com (45.79.211.52)
6.2% Query timed out at ns4.zonomi.com (45.79.211.52)
18.7% Query timed out at ns1.zonomi.com (74.50.54.250)

I guess it's definitely a (temporary) problem on zonomi's side (which is the authoritative DNS for monotone.ca).

Also, some other people is noticing it:
https://twitter.com/dberg9292/status/618479396240818176

It seems they were DDoS'ed last week, so I guess that what "again" is referring to:
https://twitter.com/rimuhosting/status/615979085857054720

--
Lapo Luchini