monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] botan

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] botan
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 11:27:02 +0200

On 07/25/2014 12:17 PM, jfl wrote:
> Is it ok to install and run a version of botan separate from and possibly a
> different version than what's in monotone without dangerous and/or confusing
> interactions?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question.

The monotone and botan repositories are unrelated. Botan is not "in
monotone" in the sense of a copy of sources. Botan uses monotone to
manage its sources, though.

Monotone compiled against a Botan major version will require that major
version. Minor botan version updates are fine, though. (I.e. if compiled
against Botan 1.8.y, you need any Botan 1.8.x, to run monotone, with x
usually being greater than or equal to y.)

Regards

Markus Wanner