monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] multiple monotone repositories

From: Mathias Weidner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] multiple monotone repositories
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:06:58 +0200

Hello,

jfl schrieb am 29.07.2014 um 17:21:

> I an using the i2p network and have downloaded a copy of their repository.
> They have modified the permissions scheme somewhat via functions that
> substitute public keys for ids.
>
> I would like to host repositories of my own. Can I just make the requisite
> entries in read- and write-permissions under relevant database and branch
> sections to allow others to push their changes?

you have to import the public keys of those who should be able to write
to your repository. You can use something like that:

$ mtn --db /path/to/your/db.mtn read < other.pubkey

This would allow the holder of the corresponding private key to write
anything into your repository.

> I'd like anyone to be able to pull, but only a subset of the universe of
> possibilities to be able to commit changes.

You'll want to use the trust evaluation hooks in your personal
monotonerc as described in
https://geti2p.net/en/get-involved/guides/monotone#setting-up-trust-evaluation-hooks

Regards,

Mathias