monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] [Monotone-debian] montone-server and importing key

From: Andreas Friedman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] [Monotone-debian] montone-server and importing key
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 16:47:57 +0800

Hello Markus,

unfortunately not, I know that method but it's seems not very professional.

I very familiar with mtn.  But there I have found one very annoying thing with it:  I wan't my project(s) to have a stable and test subbranch.  But Monotone knows only branches, and so branches will display as a project (I want to list projects, and make unlimited releases)
mtn ls branches
myproject
myproject.stable
myproject.release

So in monotone, a project is a branch (in other source control systems, I have seen that every project is a project, and a branch is a subset of the project).  In Monotone, since there is not a concept of subbranches, we know we can use dots in order to differentiate the different names, ie myproject.new_subranch.

Do you have any Idea how to get something like a sub-branch working(so that is not shown in mtn list branches).
Or maybe I totally misunderstood the philosophy of Mtn?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Andreas Friedman