moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Two enhancements proposals for next version.

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Two enhancements proposals for next version.
Date: 06 Nov 2003 10:58:57 +0100

Le mer 05/11/2003 à 23:14, Christian Glodt a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 09:58, Jean Bréfort wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here are two ideas of items which could be added in next version of
> > mozilla-bonobo.
> > - allow to configure mozilla-bonobo to use a particular control when
> > several controls support the same mime type (pdf, for example).
>
> well I've thought a bit about this. For power users, this feature
> may be useful, but in general I think everything should just work
> without the user having to configure anything.
>
> There would also be different ways in which this could be implemented.
> For example, a standalone GUI program could be used. Or some UI elements
> could be added to the viewer (sort of like a toolbar).
>
> What kind of UI for configuration did you have in mind?

I have nothing in mind. We can use gconf-editor since most people will
not want to change anything and explain somewhere how to do things for
the others.
Otherwise, it is possible to develop a simple interface to do it.

> > - size negociation: this can be very useful for MathML, images and other
> > file types. I can probably work on this.
>
> AFAIK the size of a plugin that is embedded in a page is not changeable.

I'll make some tests. The size of the plugin is not always given in html
pages. Some Java applets negociate their size, so it might be possible.

Also, we should write some devel docs, in particular how to use the URI
stuff.

Regards,

Jean