muddleftpd-users

[Muddleftpd-users] Automake

From: Joerg Jaspert
Subject: [Muddleftpd-users] Automake
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:58:55 +0200

Hi

If you read the CVS list you already seen it: I commited my first work
on the conversion to auto* to my branch.
It is dev-ganneff-autotools if you want to check it out.
You can test the auto* stuff i built and kick me on everything you think
i should make better (or send patches :) ).
auto* things are working. But today build of muddle does not work, it
breaks in acl.c. I look into it tomorrow afternoon, but its a first
start and you can comment on the automake/autoconf things.

One important change is the switch to automake and to drop all
configure scripts from the different modules. We do all things now
with a central configure script and then use a little automake MAGIC to
decide if we want to recurse into a subdirectory at build time. :)

Yes, that means: It doesnt build a ftpd! You have been warned (but its
a dev-* branch, so its allowed to break for a while. Its not MAIN. :)

For anyone interested here is the link to the Changelog:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/muddleftpd/muddleftpd/ChangeLog?rev=1.3.4.3&only_with_tag=dev-ganneff-autotools&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

(Wah, i have mixed dev-ganneff-indent_test and -autotools at one
point. Grr, dont have multiple directorys with different branches if
you work on one. :) )

BTW: If you have something else then Debian and MySQL installed, please
look if mysql_config is available. The new autoconf option for mysql
authmodule uses that (but can use user input too if not available) to
determine neccessary things to link with mysql headers.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!