Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] MyExperiment and IBVRE

From: Carole Goble
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] MyExperiment and IBVRE
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:02:48 +0100

Matthew

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity! We have a myExperiment meeting on the team on Tuesday after Easter, and we will discuss our way forward with this new opportunity.

Cheers!
Carole

Dear MyExperiment team,

Are you interested in meeting the needs of the computational biology community with MyExperiment?

We have just completed a VRE project, Integrative Biology VRE - an off-shoot of the Integrative Biology project - to build a web-based in silico experiment repository for a geographically distributed but closely collaborating group of heart modellers, who conduct simulation studies of heart behaviour using the Memfem nonlinear finite element simulation tool <http://virtualheart.bmen.tulane.edu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LabSoftware>.

I think our user community would be very interested in your concept, especially in introducing ideas such as tagging and the ability to associate experiments with other media such as videos of heart behaviour and related publications.

The website <http://www.vre.ox.ac.uk/ibvre> has details of our work (including our requirements gathering work), and we have recently released the code under a BSD licence on SourceForge (unix name ibvre). The final report is to be published very shortly on the website.

If there is any scope for incorporating our work into MyExperiment in some way, I would be very happy to put you into contact with the end users we have been working with.

Best Wishes,

Matthew