[Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment installation

From: frank gibson
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment installation
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:18:51 +0100

Hi

I have been playing about with myExperiment and it looks interesting and I have a few questions. To set the scene I am working on the CARMEN project at Newcastle ( www.carmen.org.uk ). Briefly; CARMEN is an e-science project to create an infrastructure for storage and analysis of electrophysiology data, using services and workflows for the analysis. This link provides a quick poster overview of the proposed structure ( http://www.carmen.org.uk/files/Georgios_CAIRN.ppt ). As you can see we have not specifically considered a workflow repository although we have proposed a web-based portal as an entry point.

Therefore, I was thinking if I could create a myExperiment installation within CARMEN then this could possibly provide both a user interface and a workflow repository. Ideally I would like all the services and data to be open within CARMEN, and therefore there would be no need for a separate installation. However this is unlikely to be possible in the first instance due to privacy issues on both sensitive data and development of services with the infrastructure.

So, I was wondering if this was something that myExperiment had thought of in term of separate installations, as well as a public face, and is the project in a suitable state that this could be done in the near future? If this approach sounds sensible maybe we could work out some collaborations?

Thanks
Frank

--
Frank Gibson