RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] When do you push the button?

From: David De Roure
Subject: RE: [Myexperiment-discuss] When do you push the button?
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:49:40 +0100

Well, we went live early for ISMB, so the button was already pushed.
The only change we made today is to remove the August 1st message from
the front page! :-)

We encourage people to carry on using the current service for "random
play" (to borrow a facebook phrase!) and for demos, and keep up the
feedback (which is really useful, thanks).

There will be some less random play in more controlled trials with users
(Duncan - I think Carole will be talking with you about this...) - this
will from September and we will be making a few changes to support that
exercise.

Meanwhile we are this week putting up a "backup" server in Southampton
so there will be a second URL available for people doing demos, just in
case of problems with networks going down etc.  This is also taking us
into a world with multiple myExperiment servers, which is an important
step.

While people are playing and trialling, the development team is working
on the codebase for the next full release later in the year, which will
support enactment, versioning and basic EMOs.

I'll send instructions to the list to remind people how to try the
beta...

Thanks

-- Dave