Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: FW: SciLink - "Facebook" for scientists

From: Duncan Hull
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: FW: SciLink - "Facebook" for scientists]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:01:36 +0100

Carole Goble wrote:

Was pointed to SciLink <http://www.scilink.com/> – very interesting way to find the links between scientists – also provides “get content tailored to your scientific background and interests – find articles, news, jobs, Funding Opportunities, and more”

SciLink crashed when I tried to use it but I also came across this which is similar, youtube for scientists
http://www.scivee.tv/about

Looks a bit like http://www.jove.com/ and has some big names (PLOS, NSF and SDSC) behind it.

Duncan

Seems like this would be an interesting interface that academic.live.com could show the relationships/visualizations.

I think it would be also interesting if we could utilize something like Family.Show <http://www.codeplex.com/familyshow> as a rich client interface to SciLink…

*Scilink™ is an online community to help you to discover scientists, authors, and relationships. *

Scilink's™ network of 106,264,967 relationships is built by mining scientific data that exist on the web. Our databases currently contain over 5.8 million scientists and 14 million articles.