[Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: [seminar] North West Institute for Bio-Heal

From: Carole Goble
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: [seminar] North West Institute for Bio-Health Informatics (NIBHI) Seminar on Research Information Centre at the British Library]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:27:02 +0100

All

Stephen Andrews is running a major Microsoft funded project in new forms of publishing. This is directly relevant to myExperiment. I urge Manchester myExperiment people to attend - we plan a collaboration with Stephen.

Carole

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [seminar] North West Institute for Bio-Health Informatics (NIBHI) Seminar on Research Information Centre at the British Library Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:07:53 +0100 User-agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
North West Institute for Bio-Health Informatics (NIBHI) Seminar on
Research Information Centre at the British Library

Speaker: Stephen Andrews

Time : 2.00pm Thursday 6th September

Location :  ISBE Libray, ISBE (Imaging Sciences & Biomedical
Engineering) corridor,  Ground Floor, Stopford Building (School of Medicine)

I would like to bring  to your attention a seminar to be given by
Stephen Andrews from the British Library. An abstract for Stephen's talk
is given below.

The Research Information Centre is a joint project with the Technical
Computing division of Microsoft that aims to prototype a 'virtual
research environment'
within the desktop. It covers the entire research lifecycle from
resource discovery through collaboration to dissemination. Of particular
interest to the
community and the British Library are the links into reference datasets.
The increasing importance of data, its manipulation and reuse as an
output in
its own right is something that needs to be addressed. The RIC is part
of an overall programme of initiatives by the Library to better
understand researcher's
needs in 21st century science.

If you have any further queries about Stephen Andrew's seminar, or wish
to speak to him afterwards, please contact Dr. David Hoyle
(address@hidden,
internal telephone 51133).

--- End Message ---