[Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: Traveller letter from Dopplr]

From: Carole Goble
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] [Fwd: Traveller letter from Dopplr]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:10:31 +0100

Hello

another site that we could combine with?

I have shared my trips with a small crowd :-)

Carole

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Traveller letter from Dopplr Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:59:23 +0100
Hello travellers,

We are funded! In case you missed it, Dopplr received funding from a premier
international team: Varsavsky, Ito, Hoffman and Klein made an investment and
joined our team. Go ahead and read all about it on our blog:
http://blog.dopplr.com

New features rolling out

Dopplr has come out with lots of new stuff. First off we have improved the
number of cities that Dopplr knows about so that we can find your trip
locations with ease. Dopplr has created a new Facebook app that allows your
Facebook friends so see "Where next?" for you. Go and try it out if you are a
Facebook fan: http://apps.facebook.com/dopplr_wherenext/
Also check out the "people who you might know section under your connections
management; it will help you find familiar faces in Dopplr.

You can invite everyone now

Dopplr used to have only a limited number of invites for each member -- not any
more! Travel is more fun with some company, right? The more the merrier is also
true for Dopplr: it works great if all of your fellow travellers are in your
network. Feel free to invite anyone and everyone; also expect to see reworked
mass (and group) invite functionality soon!

News on the way

Some Dopplr team members are in Amsterdam this week for Picnic
(http://www.picnicnetwork.org/) Go for a meet and greet if you can, and watch
us for some news about how we are going to roll out Dopplr!

Remember to check our blog for updates: http://blog.dopplr.com

Happy travels!
Taneli Tikka and the Dopplr Team

--- End Message ---