[Myexperiment-discuss] The New e-Science

From: David De Roure
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] The New e-Science
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:18:20 +0000

I gave a keynote this morning presenting my definition of "the New e-Science"
and giving myExperiment as an example of our approach to enabling it.  Check it
out on SlideShare...

        http://www.slideshare.net/dder/the-new-science-bangalore-edition

It came out slightly more anti-grid than intended when I presented it.  I must
learn to use the phrase "in my opinion may be some Grid solutions which..."
instead of just saying "Grid" :-)

But yesterday the gauntlet was thrown down when the keynote criticised Web 2.0
as not being high performance, so I had to explain that it improves human
performance radically and thereby accelerates the scientific process with or
without Grid! :-)

It's jolly good this Web 2.0 thing... the slides had 3 views even before I made
it to the auditorium, without being advertised!  We'll be saying this about
workflows one day...

-- Dave