Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Index MyExperiment Workflow + Feature Request

From: M. Scott Marshall
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Index MyExperiment Workflow + Feature Request for myExperiment/BioCatalogue
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:05:18 +0200

Hello All,

Just to let you know what Edgar is up to: We would like to include a demo of using the index generated by Edgar's workflow to find the workflow itself (sorry, irresistable recursion :) ) for this course:
https://wiki.nbic.nl/index.php/BioWiseInformationManagement2009

Last I checked, Edgar had to pull down several pages in an iteration. We weren't sure about how to do that so Edgar was hacking something together yesterday eve. Advice on the best approach to this in Taverna would be appreciated.

But WAIT! there's more: A general feature request! :)

While creating such indexes (also for BioCatalogue), it would be handy to have an API for each service/workflow that provides a list of (online) associated text resources and the MIME type of each one (txt, pdf, doc, etc.). This would make it possible to build indexes from the associated text resources in a generic fashion with much less hacking! I've hinted to Jits about this before but just never get around to a decent write up. Maybe we could work something like that in dialogue..

Cheers,
Scott

Alan Williams wrote:
Hello everybody,

Just a warning in case it affects the server's performance: A workflow to download and then index all the workflows on myExperiment has been put up on myExperiment at http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/772 by Edgar Meij

Alan