Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Myexperiment-discuss] Restful Services Taverna]]

From: Alexandra Nenadic
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Myexperiment-discuss] Restful Services Taverna]]
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:14:21 +0100

Hi,

According to the Taverna Raodmap, we are planning on adding the REST support in Taverna around May/June 2010. It will be part of the Taverna 2.2 Workbench release and will be done via lightweight HTTP protocol support.

You can read in more detail what the REST support in Taverna 2.2 will include at:
http://www.mygrid.org.uk/dev/wiki/display/developer/T2+REST+Support

In the meantime, if you are in a hurry to get some of the REST services into your Taverna workflows and cannot wait till Taverna 2.2, in Taverna 2.1.2 you can invoke a REST service using "Get Web page from URL" built-in service (can be found under Local Services/net in the Service Panel). To use this local service, you have to assemble the URL of the REST service you want to invoke yourself. Also, you have to parse whatever the service returns yourself. Note that with this local service you can only perform the HTTP GET operation. Once REST support in Taverna is released, there will be support for all 4 operations: GET, PUT, POST, DELETE.

If you have not already done so, it may be useful to join the taverna-users mailing list:
This is the best place to post Taverna-related questions.

Regards,
Alex