[Myexperiment-discuss] Any user interface evaluations?

From: Ross Gardler
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Any user interface evaluations?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:08:44 +0100

Hi all,

I'm writing to ask if anyone has ever conducted any user interface
evaluation or design work in the past. The reason I ask is that we
will be building a new (partial) UI for MyExperiment using W3C Widgets
using Apache Wookie and Apache Rave (both incubating). This will allow
us to embed functionality from MyExperiment in other platforms, such
as Wordpress, Moodle, Elgg and many more platforms. It will also
enable custom interfaces to be built for different client devices such
as mobile phones and tablets.

Our UI widgets will use the API to provide and manipulate data. They
will not provide access to the full functionality of MyExperiment, we
will be focussing on core activities only. Hence my question, has
there been any work on defining core use cases and user needs with
respect to user interface design. If so can you point me at them since
it would make sense for us to design our interfaces, as far as
possible, with your existing goals in mind.

I'll post, at a later date, more information about the project as a
whole. One of the things I want to explore with the MyExperiment
community is where these widgets should live. We will be releasing all
the code as open source, if there is interest in them being hosted
here then that would seem to make sense. If not we'll put them in our
Google Code repository. However, the project is still very young. Once
we have some information online for you to read I'll post again on
this topic.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler <address@hidden>