myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] evaluation experience

From: David De Roure
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] evaluation experience
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:59:48 +0000

Hi Ankit

Yesterday I took part in the user evaluation of the rave interface to myExperiment – it was an interesting process.  They presented me with multiple devices (smart phone, tablet, netbook) and I had to choose two and go through 5 tasks, typing in my responses to a survey monkey page (on a full size mac!)  It took 30 mins.  They even used a dodgy 3G connection for an authentic mobile experience!

There might be some ideas and experience there for when you come to evaluate your interface.  I could put you in touch with the people in Oxford doing the usability testing if this would be useful.

Incidentally, myExperiment fared well – and the developers told me how rich the API is.  We discussed whether there should be guidelines for people developing interfaces over the API, which seems a good idea - e.g. the issue of giving too little or too much, and exposing the social networking features so that usage adds value to the site.

Thanks

-- Dave