myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] Fedora 13 installer for myExperiment is working

From: David R Newman
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] Fedora 13 installer for myExperiment is working
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:33:14 +0000

Hi guys,

I have committed the new Fedora installer for myExperiment to the SVN.
At the moment I have tested to the level of ensuring it will create an
account, then send you an email that you can click on the link to
activate the account and log into myExperiment.  I am sure there are
other things that need to be tested such a OAuth and OpendID but I think
the installer at least now provides a working system, after I finished
beating selinux into submission.  Anyway the installation instructions
can be found at:

http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:FedoraInstallation

Regards

David Newman
P.S. I haven't yet tried this from an SVN checkout but it worked fine
just copying the files across.  Below is a listing of the variables that
I changed in settings.bash before running the installer:

fq_server_name="orville.ecs.soton.ac.uk"
sendmail_smarthost_server="relay"
sendmail_smarthost_domain="ecs.soton.ac.uk"
myexp_cname="myexp-fedora" # Where your myexperiment will be hosted can
be the same as $fq_server_name