nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Suggested spelling improvement

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Suggested spelling improvement
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:20:56 -0500

Hi,

        I'd not normally do this, but I have pondered how to write the
code to do this and haven't been able to figure it out yet.  Plus I'm
backlogged and I bet someone else could do this in a few minutes versus
an hour or more if I tried it.  Anyway, enough qualifying:
        I think the internal spell checker would be much more useful if
instead of running just "spell", if the output were piped through "uniq"
and "sort", which are very common unix functions, i.e.:

spell | sort | uniq

this would stop at least most of the annoying repeated spelling words
being asked.  What do y'all think about this?  It seemed like a
no-brainer to me (except for the actual code).

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001