nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch

From: Steven Kneizys
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:09:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I got most of the merged patch to go in easily using a lil fuzz and
installing the gnu patch 2.5.4 (of course the native patch program
didn't understand the patch!), except my native compiler on the Compaq
Alpha Unix 4.0d has a lil problem with some new stuff:

cc: Error: files.c, line 329: In the declaration of "cnum",
"max_int_digits" is not constant, but occurs in a context that requires
a constant expression.
    char cnum[max_int_digits + 2];
--------------^
cc: Error: files.c, line 330: In the declaration of "buf",
"strlen(...)" is not constant, but occurs in a context that requires a
constant expression.
    char buf[strlen(name) + max_int_digits + 2];
cc: Error: files.c, line 330: In the declaration of "buf",
"max_int_digits" is not constant, but occurs in a context that requires
a constant expression.
    char buf[strlen(name) + max_int_digits + 2];

Of course the gcc compiler/private libraries set I have here compiles
up through nano 1.1.1 LOL ...

Just an FYI :)

Steve...