nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Suggested spelling improvement

From: Rocco Corsi
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Suggested spelling improvement
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:32:29 -0500

Hi, I'm back!

Chris Allegretta wrote:

I think the internal spell checker would be much more useful if instead of running just "spell", if the output were piped through "uniq" and "sort", which are very common unix functions, i.e.:

spell | sort | uniq

this would stop at least most of the annoying repeated spelling words being asked. What do y'all think about this? It seemed like a no-brainer to me (except for the actual code).

With the aspell package, spell is a script that calls: aspell and sort! Isn't that enough. Should we supply a spell replacement (as a script)?

Writing the actual code is easy! It is an extension of what is already there for the internal spell checker. Should this be code surrounded by a special #IFDEF so that it is only included when selected?

Is it OK just to call "sort -u" (sort with uniq option)? Will this work everywhere or must you call sort and uniq?

Rocco