nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 1.0.8 Memory leaks . . . and fixes

From: Rocco Corsi
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 1.0.8 Memory leaks . . . and fixes
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 09:07:26 -0500

Chris Allegretta wrote:

environment fixed I'll release as 1.0.9, so I guess now's the time to test or complain if I forgot something :-)

My patch for internal spell checker fixes wasn't applied.

A question, how is the open_pipe() going to be used? I didn't see any calls to the function. Is it a good idea to call "sh"? Should we call the binaries directly? Any security holes being opened? Just the paranoid in me talking!

Code used for internal spell check and open_pipe() does overlap. Should we be making a more generic function(s)? One where open_pipe() could be called to create a whole string of pipes, maybe to call the "sort -u" after "spell" is called.

Rocco