nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] 1.0.8 Memory leaks . . . and fixes

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] 1.0.8 Memory leaks . . . and fixes
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:42:47 -0500

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 06:50:29PM -0500, Rocco Corsi wrote:

> For 1.1 YES.  For 1.0 that is up to you, but I think it should be applied.

Hi Rocco,

        Committed and credited in both trees.  Can you take a look at
how the 1.0 tree looks though; since the diff didn't apply properly I
sort of shoved it in there by hand.  I also had to change the charalloc
call to an nmalloc * sizeof(char *).  I hope it will work without the
memory being initialized.  Please let me know if not.

> The way it is now you could do some strange stuff like:
>
> ps aux >rocco
>
> or
>
> sh   # <- this one will hang Nano
>
> So how do we want to use this feature?  Allow anything?

Good question, but how do we determing whether the program is going to
terminate or not :)  I think it would only take one try for a newbie
trying to run "bash" to realize it aint gonna work :)

> >I don't remember if I asked before, but is the -u flag to sort portable
> >across *nixes?
>

> I did a very fast check on the Internet and the following (at least from
> the man pages I found) appear to support the -u on the sort:
[snip]

> Only confirmed OS that doesn't support it:
>
> UNIX Seventh Edition   ;-)

Okay, seems portable enough to me.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001