nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch to files.c

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch to files.c
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:20:26 -0500

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:14:03AM -0500, David Benbennick wrote:
> Here is another seg fault fix.  It includes the patch I sent at 3:14.

Committed and credited.  Nice work.

> There are two issues here that still could be fixed.
[snip]
> Second idea: before doing "wait(&fork_status);" in open_pipe(), change the
> SIGINT action from SIG_IGN to a routine that kills the fork.  Thus, typing
> ^C will unfreeze nano in that case.

I like this.  Anyone who is silly enough to do this is immediately going
to try and hit ^C anyway when nano hangs, so let's accomodate that
tendency.  If someone hasn't written the code before tonight I'll have a
go at it.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001